Friday, February 18, 2011

Have to Share this one with balloon friends.....

A balloonist friend of ours, also now retired, sent the following in an email, which made me laugh out loud whilst reading it!!!

"I sometimes still dream about balloons and flying, more often than not a bad dream where I an flying very high and then find I have no gas or landing in a snake pit.
The best, or should I say the worst one, was a couple of months back when I was in a balloon at about 3000 feet when the pilot light went out and I could not relight it. My wife woke me up as I was jumping all over the bed and swinging on our bedroom light fitting. I was trying to relight the bedroom light as a balloon burner when she switched it on, and I was able to make a safe landing on the bed, but very shaken. The light fitting had to be replaced and the and the ceiling needed a little attention. Since then I have been trying to give up night flying."

No comments:

Post a Comment